These energy bites roll together in a snap and are sure to keep you on a roll. And perhaps best of all? No baking is required.
1 cup dry oats
¼ cup ground flaxseed
¼ cup wheat germ
¾ cup cocoa nibs (also known as cacao nibs)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
½ – 1 cup raw local honey
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
½ cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Pulse oats in kitchen blender 3 to 5 times
2. In large mixing bowl, add oats to remaining ingredients.
3. Mix well with hands wearing food-safe gloves. Work ingredients into each other.
4. Roll into small balls.
5. If energy bites seem too dry, add more honey.
6. Chill in refrigerator for at least two hours, then serve.
Yes, you can make this dairy-free recipe gluten-free, too. Just go with certified gluten-free oats and omit the wheat germ. Can’t find cocoa/cacao nibs at your grocery store? Then substitute with semi-sweet chocolate chips. But note, this is not a gluten-free substitute.