Know Where to Go for Care
Getting the right care at the right place and at the right time isn’t just good for your health; it can save you time and money.
Important Update Regarding Appointments
Now, more than ever, we want you to feel confident about getting the care you need in a safe environment. At Spira Care, we’ve implemented enhanced safety protocols to protect our members and staff. We’re here for your primary and behavioral healthcare needs including preventive, wellness, sick care and follow-up appointments. And our Care Teams have a variety of ways to see members – including in person, by phone or through a video visit. Call 913-29-SPIRA (77472) so we can discuss your care need and what type of appointment will work best. We have temporarily removed the option to schedule appointments using our online patient portal.
If you have a care need related to COVID-19 and/or are experiencing symptoms like fever, cough or nasal congestion, please call 913-29-SPIRA (77472) to speak to our triage nurse. We have a dedicated team to assist members with their COVID-19 care needs and questions. The nurse will talk with you about your symptoms and discuss next steps including a telehealth appointment with a provider and/or testing options.
make an appointment when you
- Have an illness, injury, pain, or other health issue
- Need a prescription refill
- Have a long-term condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, or asthma
- Want preventive care, a wellness checkup, flu shot, or vaccines
schedule an appointment
THREE CONVENIENT OPTIONS
Spira Care members can see a Care Team in person or by phone or video visit. Call 913-29-SPIRA (77472) to talk about the type of appointment that works best for you.
ACCESS WHEN YOU:
- Have a minor issue like a cold, flu, or pink eye
- Need care at night, on the weekend, or when your doctor has no appointments available
How to use
- Visit BlueKCVirtualCare.com
- Create an account using your Blue KC member ID card for reference and choose Blue KC from the drop-down list.
- See list of available doctors, their experience and ratings, and choose one.
- Stream a live visit directly from the Web
- No appointment needed.
VISIT WHEN YOU:
- Can’t wait until your doctor is available
- Have a sudden injury and need a walk-in appointment
- Need care when Spira Care Centers aren’t open
WHEN TO VISIT THE EMERGENCY ROOM
You have in-and-out-of-network emergency room coverage. Emergency rooms are not meant for routine healthcare. ER healthcare providers may not be familiar with your medical history. If you visit an ER for a non-emergency, you may pay higher out-of-pocket costs than an office or urgent care visit.
- AdventHealth College Boulevard
- AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- AdventHealth South Overland Park
- Cameron Regional Medical Center
- Children’s Mercy Hospital*
- Children’s Mercy Hospital – South*
- Liberty Hospital
- North Kansas City Hospital
- Olathe Medical Center
- Providence Medical Center
- St. Joseph Medical Center
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
- University Health Truman Medical Center
- University Health Lakewood Medical Center
- University of Kansas Health System
- Western Missouri Medical Center
**If your Health and Welfare Fund contracts with Blue KC to offer exclusive access to Spira Care Centers, contract your benefits administrator at the number on your Blue KC member ID card to determine in-network hospitals.
*Available in the BlueSelect Plus network only
* This is not medical advice. Consult a medical professional and seek assistance in an emergency. All healthcare services are subject to the terms and conditions of your Blue KC plan documents.